Nov 17, 2008

As I type this, I'm lounging back on a couch that isn't ours, listening to a microwave that isn't ours warming up some leftover spaghetti not made by me. Two dogs that are not mine are dozing near the entertainment center that isn't ours. There are stairs to the left of me that spiral down to a basement-apartment-type-set-up that is kinda half-ours, and it contains a sleeping child which is mine. ^_^

The Pleins are house-sitting!

Some friends of John and Mary's were in need of a house- and puppy-sitter for a few weeks - and it could possibly stretch out longer, over the winter. Rick and Barb aren't sure, so neither are we. The "puppies" are Rocky and Raja. Rocky is a 6-year-old Rottweiler, and he is friendly and loving and loves to be petted. Raja is a 4-year-old Mastiff who is just beautiful, but a teeny bit of a drama queen. They are both fantastic around Laidey (Rick and Barb's grandson is a few months older than Laidey, and they've been around him a LOT).

Hang on, the microwave's done.



Mmm leftover spaghetti. I don't know how Barb made it, but it's FANTASTIC.

Anyway. So we're here! The basement-apartment is really nice - three bedrooms and a living room, plus the main-use bathroom is down there. Upstairs is a lofty, almost New-England-style living space with loungeroom and kitchen, plus another bedroom, a bathroom, an office and the laundry. We've been here a couple days now, and it's been really good.

What else is going on? Well, not too much. I just wanted to update because I figured you might want one. Aaron's doing some work for his parents - they have their own web development and graphic design business - which is good because he enjoys it, plus we get some extra money!

Work for me is still going well. I'm only working three days a week, though, which really isn't enough. I'm going to have to find something more financially viable. Which makes me super sad because you have no idea how much I love working at Lakes Latte. It's a wonderful place to work - and my coworkers are more like friends. Every time I've dropped in for a coffee when I'm not working, there's always been at least one other coworker there who's not working either! It's just an awesome, awesome place to hang out.

I've started to think more and more about Christmas. It's coming up fairly quick here, and this is going to be Laidey's first Christmas. Money is tight, and we're not sure about gifts. More than anything, I want to impress upon Adelaide the spiritual and familial aspect of the holiday. Plus I'm sure she'll be just as excited by the wrappings and ribbons and stuff :P

Well, arrivederci comrades (see that? I mixed two languages.) Have fun!

No comments: