Jan 18, 2010

Craft Challenge #2 and #3

Well, Craft Challenge #2 kinda whizzed right by me - we were too busy having fun in Australia!! But I realised afterwards that I *did* actually complete the challenge subconsciously!

Craft Challenge #2 was "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas".

The day before Christmas, I settled down on the armchair in Mum and Dad's living room, a lovely day in the high 90s, and made six little Christmas stocking ornaments with the bits of scrap yarn I'd brought on the trip. My Gran and Lala had little Christmas stocking ornaments on their tree (albeit sewn) with a roll of Lifesavers stuck in them - one for each grandkid. They were very special, and so I wanted to create a new set for our family. And as I finished the sixth, I went "...hey! I just did the Craft Challenge!" Haha - see Megan, even without realising you were totally on my mind!! ;)

They didn't take very long at all to do - I found a pattern online, and hunkered down with my hook. The first one seemed weird until I actually folded it in half and saw what it was meant to look like. I had one of those "...oooooooooh!" moments.

Well here's some photos of the finished products - be warned the colors aren't terribly Christmasy!







Craft Challenge #3
is "It's All About Momma". I don't know what I'm going to do for this!! I might try something aside from crocheting, since that does seem to be the only thing I'm doing. And "challenge" usually implies some kind of, oh I dunno, challenge. ;) I'll be back to post about it soon - watch this space!

No comments: