Dec 3, 2009

Craft Challenge #1 - COMPLETE!

I did it! :D I've been crocheting like a mad woman this month, and I managed to complete the challenge! Hooray!

As my previous post said, I decided my "Let's Hear It For The Boy" boy would be three boys - Dougie, Curt and Sean. I apologise for the horrible lighting conditions in the photos!

Firstly, meet my hat model, Joe:





Joe is a Rigadoon doll that I got for Christmas when I was 5. He's obviously not in his original outfit (I believe he had a striped teeshirt and jeans), but he's a very special toy to me. And he's the only one I could find that has a head suitable for modeling!


Here's Sean's hat...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn (easily my favorite brand), though I don't remember the color name or whatever. It's just the one yarn, the type that changes color as it goes. This hat was very simple to make - increasing double-crochet stitches to get the desired size, then double-crochet stitch some more til it's long enough!


And here's Dougie's hat...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


The yarn I used for this one is called Caron SimplySoft Eco - the yarn itself is polyester, made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, but it is easily as soft or softer than the "babyweight" yarns out there. Plus it's eco-friendly! I did find this yarn doesn't have as much "give" to it as the Red Heart, so it's not my favorite, but it sure made a nice hat.


And this one is Curt's...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I didn't mean for it to turn out so... "girly"! I just thought "rainbows, cute!" and went to work. But it's turned out to have a real Rastafarian-Rainbow feel to it LOL! It's Peaches & Creme yarn, another favorite brand (it's almost twine-y), just the one skein. Hopefully he'll like it!

So yes! This is my Challenge Completed post - hooray! I'll post some photos of the boys wearing them for Christmas and do an update ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! I'm so proud of ya! I'll be posting tomorrow the next challenge!